Thursday, January 14, 2016

Free step-by-step Shed Plans

These free shed plans come with lots of details and instructions to build a shed yourself. When building a shed you will need a basic understanding of construction. Some of the process involves the understanding of basic framing, exterior work, and roofing.

free shed plans

This backyard shed shown here was built using the free shed plans from DIYGardenPlans see website to download the PDF.

The first step is to clear and prepare the area. If you are building wood floor you may want to set the shed on gravel, bricks, or both to keep it off the dirt.

Find plans that you can understand, even if you have to purchase some the investment will be worth wild.

From my own experience every time I build something the projects I have used plans look 100% better than the projects I did with no plans.

If you have skills using CAD programs then you are in luck since you can design a shed exactly like you want. I have been playing around with SketchUp a free CAD software and it has helped allot when it comes to building my own projects.

If you don't have the time or interest to learn a new program you can always search online for free shed plans. There are plenty of free plans online but finding the design and size you want may be an issue.

There are several reasons many of us choose to build our own shed. The reason I usually build my own furniture or structures is because of the quality. When I needed a shed I was not going to go out and purchase one of those metal shed kits, I think they look hideous. I looked at some displays at home improvement depots for wood sheds but I was not happy with the construction or how it was framed.

Building your own shed in my opinion is a better option, not to mention the shekels you'll save.